The benefits of travel on our wellbeing are well known – it’s good for our bodies, minds and souls. So to raise awareness, Titan would like you to enter its Journey to Wellbeing competition. Simply share a great travel moment by either writing (no more than one 500 words), through photography (jpeg only), or via video (no longer than 30 seconds) demonstrating how a travel experience brought extra zing into your life. Did you find renewed purpose and inspiration from your journey?
5 Tips to bring a written account to life…
- There is a strict 500 word count limit, think carefully about what you would like to include to most effectively bring your experience to life – what you leave out is as important as what you put in!
- Remember your brief – this is your opportunity to tell us about how a travel experience brought extra zing, purpose, inspiration or even a major change into your life! In keeping with this theme, keep a narrative thread that will run throughout your piece, linking the beginning and end.
- Don’t feel you have to write in a strict chronological order of events – your introduction should grab our attention, and therefore start with something interesting above something that happened first!
- Create a captivating story – avoid a repetitive list of ‘then I did this’ etc…
- Capture the senses – include insights into the sounds, smells, tastes and textures of your trip.
What makes a great photograph?
At Titan we are firm believers in the famous saying that ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’.
It is all too easy to be snap happy on holiday when you are surrounded by the many extraordinary sights. Sometimes however, less is more. Think carefully about what you are trying to capture and convey in the photo.
It doesn’t matter whether you have an image taken on a camera phone, a simple point and shoot compact camera or a more advanced DSLR; the most important thing is that your image expresses the emotional feeling of the time and place, and conveys a sense of purpose and inspiration – as seen through your eyes.
How to capture a compelling video
In general, keep your story simple, yet engaging – you only have 30 seconds to demonstrate to the judges how your travel experience has benefited your mind, body and soul. You will need a clear vision of what you wish to accomplish to make the most of the time limit.
From a technical perspective, it is important that video entries are sharp focus and have clear and audible dialogue so that there is no room for distraction to the main message you are trying to convey.